Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was happy to find this site. I was a little doubtful about the breed that I was told my new puppy was, so I posted a thread with pics and asked for people's opinions. What I got were some very snide, borderline rude responses. People got the idea that for some reason I would love my pup less if she was or was not a specific breed, but that is not at all the case. As a child, my mother raised Shelte's (sp?) so I did remember that it is best to know your dog's breed and as much about that breed as possible to take care of the dog. Sometimes specifics CAN dictate certain care. She is an adorable puppy with MUCH personality. I've only had her a few days and I am so attached already that I couldn't imagine life without her. I hope that any future posts that I may put up are met with a little less discontent. :confused:

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Its possibly because you puppy raises a touchy issue around here....mix breeding and bybs and the people that support them .

If you sick around you will find this board has a wide variety of people and is most helpful....sometime you will find people that wont agree with you but hey thats what makes the world go round:)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I've seen your poll about the breed of your dog and to me she does look a bit beagle and min pin. She's really cute, I must say:)

If you sick around you will find this board has a wide variety of people and is most helpful....sometime you will find people that wont agree with you but hey thats what makes the world go round:)
I'll agree with this;).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. The cuteness is exactly what got me about her! I don't care what breed she is, I'll love her either way. She is the best dog ever. She is between 3 and 4 months (January was the only info I got on b-day) and already house trained. She listens to simple commands, like "come here" and "don't chew on that, get your toy" lol. She's really good.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
If you read the stickies, you'll see that starting off with such controversial topics is not the best idea. I notice that people come off as quite different from what they really are when they discuss a topic they feel strongly about. The members of this forum are actually very, very helpful and friendly, just stick around and get to know us! :D

Also, I think a good majority of the dog population here on this forum are mutts. We love them!!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Are all of your threads going to be complaining about how "mean" people were to you? Assumptions are only made when the whole story isn't told. That's on you. Not the readers whose opinions you're asking for.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
You hve gotten NO rude or snide comments. I've read both threads and it just hasn't happened.

Yes, people here are blunt, that's just us.

Yes we're passionate about certain issues, we're not a 'feel good' board when it comes to BYB or puppy mills. Many here rescue and see day to day the pain that comes from such places.

Your pup is very cute and I hope she grown into a wonderful dog, read the training section, you'll find some VERY valuable excercises to give your pup some great manners and be sure she act appropriately in public.

Oh, and if you make another thread about how mean the board is, it will be considered a duplicate and deleted.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I was happy to find this site. I was a little doubtful about the breed that I was told my new puppy was, so I posted a thread with pics and asked for people's opinions. What I got were some very snide, borderline rude responses. People got the idea that for some reason I would love my pup less if she was or was not a specific breed, but that is not at all the case. As a child, my mother raised Shelte's (sp?) so I did remember that it is best to know your dog's breed and as much about that breed as possible to take care of the dog. Sometimes specifics CAN dictate certain care. She is an adorable puppy with MUCH personality. I've only had her a few days and I am so attached already that I couldn't imagine life without her. I hope that any future posts that I may put up are met with a little less discontent. :confused:
Hello & welcome to df. I seem to remember reading a similar thing on another forum last night. From memory your puppy is very cute indeed.
Off now to read your other posts. And as you can see from my avatar we also have a mixed breed dog, & a nicer dog you ever want to meet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts