Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Honey's not well :(

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  salask 
#1 ·
I woke up this morning and Honey was looking really listless. I wondered out loud about it and my mom told me she'd been vomiting since yesterday, and that her stomach was really bloated at one point yesterday when I was at work.

Her gums seem pale and her stomach seems to be sensitive to the touch. She did perk up for her morning walk.

I'm kind of anxious right now, but I can only take her to the vet this evening after work, so I think I'm gonna do that. In the meantime, any prayers or healing thoughts are greatly appreciated... as well as any suggestions. I'm going to feed her chicken and rice today. Anything else I should do?

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Katzyn. My vet isn't open for another hour, so I can't make an appointment till then. :(

I have a question: how much chicken and rice should I be feeding? I know it should be in several small meals, but how much of it in total? Honey is 33 lbs.

#4 ·
I wouldn't feed her until she stops vomiting. Then I would just give her water or gatorade to drink. Don't want her to get dehydrated.

#6 ·
My mom fed her half a cup of boiled chicken and rice at around noon. She held that down, so she got a cupful a few hours later, which she held down too. When I got home she looked fine... tail wagging, tongue lolling.

I took her to the vet just to be safe, since I already had an appointment. The vet said it was probably nothing to worry about, that her tummy was probably just having a bad day.

I'm going to hold off on treats for the next 24 hours just to be safe, but otherwise I think she should be fine. :)

#11 ·
I'm glad she feels better. It sucks when they don't feel well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.