Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a week and, now, as its Sunday, a week & 1 day since my old man ferret Tigger FINALLY passed over to Rainbow Bridge. He was older than any ferret that I have ever come across, &, like the rest, he went Adrenal Gland disease. He was medicated, & I had been watching him DAILY for months on end.
I AM HAPPY that his pain & suffering have now ended, &, imagine him going hog-wild insane crazy in heaven, but...I can't bear to change his cage, &, I even go over to tap his water bottle just to hear the familiar sound. His bowl is full of food, his blankies & hammocks are still strung(looks like he may be on holiday even-ready to return at a moments notice).
I go to his grave site every night & rustle plastic bags...I even squeak toys there randomly. I KNOW he's gone...just, not forgotten :(
I find myself at LEAST 5-6 times a day just going up to give his cage a "sniff"...sometimes, I will catch a lingering odor of him, but, its swift to linger. I SOOOOOO miss my Tigger. He was quite a trooper, &, NEVER shall be forgotten.
I seriously wish that I had a clone of him :( I don't think that I will EVER be able to tear down his cage. He was such a sweetie pie!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Oh no! So sorry to hear about Tigger :( I remember you used to tell us that Leif & him were best buddies. RIP Tigger.

I don't think that it's weird for you to go up to his cage and sniff. I would probably do that too. Don't be in a hurry to clean everything out. When you're ready you'll be able to do it. No hurry there. Take care Renee!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry love to hear of your loss,i understand how you must feel,i as well as dogs i keep rats,and when one of them dies it tears me in two. Time will heal, but until it does,you are in my thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts