Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a few hours searching online for a good resource for finding homeowner's insurance, and I feel like I'm finding some dead ends so I thought I'd reach out to the dog forum community to see if any of you had some pointers/advice from your own experience.

We're dropping our current homeowner's insurance and looking for a new one. We have an akita and live in a condo in Massachusetts. Trying to find a few insurance companies that don't blacklist akitas. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
301 Posts
having black list dogs myself it is hard to find insurance. We use Foremost insurance. Also we had to sign off on our dogs if anything were to happen

·
Registered
714 Posts
we have statefarm insurance, and they have no bad dog list. they say regardless of the breed, any dog can be good or bad. and they also take into consideration the circumstances around bites/aggression and such!

we have an akita and 2 huskies ( that are on the list too) so it was great to know this about them!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there,

I work for Amica - Mass makes up a large part of our book of business. We write tons of policies there. We do have an "agressive" dog list of which an Akita is on. However, we have been known to write home policies even with these dogs in the home. We just have to have someone do an interview with the dog and check them out. It maybe less of a hassle to go with Statefarm is they don't care what type of animals you have, but you should at least check us out and get a quote! Let me know if you want one. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
7 Posts
since we have so many dobermans, at this time we don't have any homeowners,but our vehicles are with Progressive and they now have homeowners so we are going to check with them. theyare great on their car rates, and I'm hopeing they won't come to the house to get homeowners started.

·
Super Moderator
11,838 Posts
at this time we don't have any homeowners
That's frightening. Fire, hail, tornadoes . . . All sorts of things could really ruin your day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's frightening. Fire, hail, tornadoes . . . All sorts of things could really ruin your day.
You bet! Its real scary to think about what could happen. We have been VERY blessed that to date nothing has happend. Thats why we are going to get a quote first thing next week from Progressive, and hope they don't come to the house. They won't like the six dobe members of our family.

Jen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts