Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -
I have a eight year old miniature dachshund that suffers from seasonal allergies. The worst of his symptoms seems to be sneezing, which sometimes produces nasal discharge. When the sneezing fits get very severe, the vet puts him on temaril-p. The medicine helped a lot the first time, but the benefits seem to have decreased with time. I'm also uncomfortable with periodically putting him on the steroids that the temaril-p contains.

SO - now my actual question -- I read online that yucca anti-inflammatory drops and omega 3 fatty acids can help alleviate allergy symptoms. Has anyone had good luck with those medications? Or found them useless? I would really appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Omega's dont do a thing for mine lol

I used this for my allergy dog:
http://www.vetriscience.com/derma-strength-dogs-cats-tablets.php

my homeopathic vet reccomended them and they work great :) I dont follow the dosage instructions though, 1 twice a day did nothing for her, but 2 once a day worked great. this year her allergies are worse yet again, and I have upped her to 2 twice a day with is working well so far. liklewise a friend of mine tried them and they worked for her dog great as well, but again not following the doasge on the bottle, for her dog 1 tab every 5-6 hours works best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts