Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on homemade dog treats purchased from local bakers as opposed to big brand store treats?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I like to give treats that are good quality, the same as I choose to feed a quality dog food. So, I like to look at the ingredients. If the local baker can give me a list of ingredients, I'm fine with purchasing their product, as long as the ingredients are good.

I have also made my own dog treats. Then you really know what you're giving your dog. And, it's pretty easy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found some local people who sell homemade dog treats, I'm just a bit leery of trying it! One baker says they use all-natural ingredients, sugar free, which sounds good...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I personally make them myself, rather than buy from a baker, or use the big brand treats
Super cheap, and super easy, even for an idiot in the kitchen like me :) The biggest reason I do it is that I can make the treats the size I need for training, nice and small. I find the store bought ones are WAY too big for pez-dispensing when training!
Mine are just peanut butter, whole wheat and white flour, teeny bit of oil and water.
If you're going to use the baker get a list of ingredients so you can keep track in case any allergies show up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts