Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I go to a book store, I always check out the wholistic/organic homemade dog food cook books. I've never bought one, but they're just so cool! Especially one I looked at, that had recipes that you and your dog could share, like special dog friendly meatloafs and stews. It seems like such a neat idea, especially since a homemade raw diet is so good for dogs, but inconvenient and costly. You're sort of killing two birds with one stone by making meals you can share, right? Plus, it's probably a lot healthier for the human then Ramen or Hotpockets, lol!

I'm really big on making sure everything Basil gets is human-tested, lol! I've used his hairbrush and Peti-Paws dremil to make sure they're comfortable, and I make sure what he eats is good enough for me, too, save for the taste! Not too into hooves and plain pumpkin, but at least I know that he's not consuming anything dangerous! Anyways, homemade dog/people food totally seems like something I'd be interested in trying. Has anyone else tried something like this? If so, advice, stories, suggestions, etc. would all be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I sort of share with Sassy. When chicken is on sale I buy several and roast all at the same time. I let Sassy's plain chicken cool so I can bone and chop it up with the food processor before freezing and our seasoned one is dinner. I could easily expand and give her some of our rice mixed with a calcium supplement and some of our unseasoned vegetables.

The roast chicken is Sassy sharing with us. I never roasted chicken for humans before. It is good and easy. It doesn't get all dry like turkey does. Thank you Sassy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts