Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got contacted (2 months later) from someone who swears Kylie was one of a litter of puppies they had (one of those rural farms). Mom is a chi, dad totally unknown (might be a beagle, might be a BC, might be someone else). Born the day before Mother's Day, given away two days before my husband found her (which was father's day).

So given away at 5 weeks/35 days exactly (edited for math - looks like we were right about that one). No clue who they gave the pups too, though outraged that she ended up in a DUMPSTER. I don't even know what to do with that. I just. Don't.

But. Ok. OTOH, that makes her BARELY 3 months old now. Which I can live with, except the whole 'she's been out and socializing, because we assumed she was older. Also, we have possibly over-vaccinated the the heck out of her. It almost means she might get bigger than we expected. Which would be nice.

And this is all assuming some idiot who let puppies go at 5 weeks old to strangers they know nothing about is telling me the truth/recognizes Kylie (though the photos they saw were of her being very, very small.)

I am. Boggled.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Same thing happened with Muggsy. I got him at a shelter at 11 months old, having been severely abused. Like, cigarette burns on his belly. When he was . . . 18 months I ran into the owner of the mother. She told me all about his 5 siblings and was SO angry Muggsy had been abused. Only, she didn't ask for references. She sold the pups at 6 weeks, illegal in PA. And she made $2,000 on the litter by giving no medical care to mom/pups and calling them "Golden Shepherds".

Honestly, I'm sure everybody who knows her thinks she's a fabulous, warm, giving person. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same thing happened with Muggsy. I got him at a shelter at 11 months old, having been severely abused. Like, cigarette burns on his belly. When he was . . . 18 months I ran into the owner of the mother. She told me all about his 5 siblings and was SO angry Muggsy had been abused. Only, she didn't ask for references. She sold the pups at 6 weeks, illegal in PA. And she made $2,000 on the litter by giving no medical care to mom/pups and calling them "Golden Shepherds".

Honestly, I'm sure everybody who knows her thinks she's a fabulous, warm, giving person. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.
I think I'm mostly left being grateful they didn't try to *take her back*, though the rest... Urgh. "Wouldn't piss on him if they were on fire" pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Not the exact same thing but similar. I got Tank from my cousin. When I got Tank he had been severely abused. They never really made any contact to ask how he was doing ect.. Which didn't bother me,none. Well once they started seeing on FB how far along he was coming they started coming around more and more. They even had the nerve to ask if they could have him back! I don't think so!! 1. You abused him!! 2.YOU ABUSED HIM!! 3.YOU ABUSED HIM!!! I am now becoming okay with them but will never forgive them. Tank is now okay with them but he will never go back to them and they know it. They sad part was there other dog was obese and living the good life. Same with her new lab they got.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I think I'm mostly left being grateful they didn't try to *take her back*, though the rest... Urgh. "Wouldn't piss on him if they were on fire" pretty much sums it up.
Honestly, what sort of case would this person have anyway if they did try.
Lets see, given away at 5 weeks -which, I'm pretty sure you could get in trouble for depending on the area-, neglected, tossed in a dumpster, no effort made to locate her. Thus far you've provided the dog with a better life than she ever would've had before. I doubt this person would be getting her back, considering she wasn't their anymore and I doubt the person they gave her to gives two its about her.

Still, at least they're not making trouble about it.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I don't believe this person would have a case at all if they wanted Kylie back ... The minute they would say they "Gave the pup away" ... they already turned over all rights to her. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts