Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend caught & gobbled in a few bites. Just to confirm, I don't need to worry about this beyond the possibility of worms? She's on Interceptor & up to date on vacs.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
She is true to her breed! Guess no breakfast for her. Poor mouse. I think mice end up in lots of dogs' stomachs. It's a food chain kinda thang.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I just love Terriers .... for their hunting skills! :D

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
No real worries... Just extra protein.... I don't even treat for tapes unless I see evidence of tapes in their poo... I do not like to over worm my dogs.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! After my initial shock that she'd done it, I couldn't help but be proud at how pleased with herself she seemed afterwards, LOL.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Wally is jealous.

He tried to get the mouse that was hanging around, but no luck. He constantly searched for it, though.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I agree. No worries, but you might also see some looser stools for a few days, b/c you didn't slowly introduce the mouse into the diet to give the gut a chance to adapt. If this causes a problem, next time provide smaller mice over a few days :)

·
Super Moderator
11,844 Posts
I agree. No worries, but you might also see some looser stools for a few days, b/c you didn't slowly introduce the mouse into the diet to give the gut a chance to adapt. If this causes a problem, next time provide smaller mice over a few days :)
My previous lab had chronically loose stools. One day, he caught a mouse, swallowed it (probably whole) and his stools firmed up.

I considered whether to get some feeder mice and introduce them as a regular part of his diet.

My daughter has lost track of the mice that Zeke, her miniature schnauzer, has killed - along with a red squirrel and a couple of rabbits. (The rabbits were not a lot smaller than he is.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts