Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to Petco to get a bully stick the other day and looked at a few other items. Didn't end up buying any of them because they were so expensive! $22 for a large kong?? $10.50 for a filled bone? $12 for a braided bully stick? Phew.

I found a local boutique called Leash on Life that was (surprisingly) much more reasonable. Their large kong was $12, bully sticks $2-6, and bones $5.

Petco is a great place for one stop shopping, but it will cost you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Both Petco and Petsmart are pretty expensive, but there aren't alot of big name pet stores around, so I guess they figure they can increase thier prices a bit more.

Personally, I like Petco because it's right up the street from my house and they have better selections of food and treats that you wouldn't normally find at most grocery stores. But if it's a little toy or something, I'd rather buy online because shipping won't be too bad and you can usually find things for alot cheaper.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
PetsMart is near me and I get the cat his food there. I like Petco because they have the "treat bar" and I can buy different types/sizes of treats, depending on what I want them for. Each store has different types of the brand name foods. But yes, they are pricey, both of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bully Sticks:
"-Dogs love the taste of these 100% natural, dried muscles
-They become chewy when wet, making them a healthy way to care for your dog's teeth and gums
-Nutritious beef chews are 100% digestible
-In rolled or braided bully sticks"

From both stores' websites.

I think it just means thier healthier than regular meaty bones.

Edit: The treat bar is nice. And the fact that they allow you to take a sample from the register counter is pretty cool too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts