Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a ****** transplant living in Mexico, and I'm looking for advice on adopting new dogs. I'm posting the description in the General Dog Forum. I hope you'll read it and offer any advice you feel is appropriate.

Gracias,
itchai

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hello and Welcome, pls look around and hopefully you will get good info! (I read your other post, I think you should get a well rounded family dog as more of a pet/ mascot for the Hotel, and he can certainly sound the alarm if there is violence or breakins etc.... but you should be careful, hotel guests can have odd behaviors, and alot of night time activities as well that could be misconstrued)....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent advice and I appreciate it. I felt like a lot of the other reponses were trying to discourage us from adopting a dog, which is frankly disheartening. Nevertheless, I'm sure they were well intentioned. We'll definitely look in the direction of a more family-oriented breed that will be less threatening to guests, but will nevertheless alert us to possible intruders. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Excellent advice and I appreciate it. I felt like a lot of the other reponses were trying to discourage us from adopting a dog, which is frankly disheartening. Nevertheless, I'm sure they were well intentioned. We'll definitely look in the direction of a more family-oriented breed that will be less threatening to guests, but will nevertheless alert us to possible intruders. Thanks again.
Hey we had 2 Boxers-- THEY ARE GREAT FAMILY DOGS, excellent with kids, sweet, loving very very very good natured, they would be a GREAT HOTEL MASCOT-- get one just dont train it to be a GUARD dog they will do that on their own... (I guess this is on the down low)....
Good luck! And get a Dog!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts