Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so the girlfriend bought a puppy from some kids selling them in front of Target. Supposedly the puppies (three total) were one month old and a mix of chihuahua and maltese...everyone else thinks he's a lab and says "look its marley". I've googled pictures of the mix and he does compare to some of the pics I've seen. As of today he's almost three months if we go by what the kids said....I'll be taking him in soon for his shots and physical...so here's the pics of Mellow (Marshmellow)

Pictures I took when we first got him...

Pictures from today...

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
He certainly doesn't look like a Chihuahua or Maltese to me, but I'm not the best mix breed spotter. I can see JR and maybe Lab? Someone else will have to field the other part.

A month old and bought in front of target from kids, though? Why?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow...if that's a chihuahua, it's the biggest chihuahua puppy I've ever seen! I think I'd go with lab/terrier. I don't see maltese at all.

He's really cute! I love his blond color, and I'm sure he's a great puppy!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
He's really adorable!! I'd guess a Jack Russell/Lab mix too. Something of a terrier mix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow...if that's a chihuahua, it's the biggest chihuahua puppy I've ever seen! I think I'd go with lab/terrier. I don't see maltese at all.

He's really cute! I love his blond color, and I'm sure he's a great puppy!
ya i was thinking the same thing...huge puppy lol. I'm not too sure why those kids were selling the puppies. Whatever the reason we're glad we took one of them in. He's a great puppy and he learns fast. His housetraining is coming along smoothly and he's learned a good amount of tricks in a very short amount of time.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
It's hard to tell scale from those photos, but I'd expect a chih x maltese to be smooth-coated or slightly wirey, probably red/yellow, and with about that physical shape. However, that pup seems REALLY large.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hard to tell scale from those photos, but I'd expect a chih x maltese to be smooth-coated or slightly wirey, probably red/yellow, and with about that physical shape. However, that pup seems REALLY large.
my thoughts exactly...how do i go about finding his actual mix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts