Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my big guy for his last car ride this afternoon, for his last trip up to our place at the river. Just him & I. My best buddy/his best buddy. We did a walk around the loop, stopping half way at the boat ramp for him to have a very quick, ankle deep wade in the cool water. Then we just hung out on the screened in porch for a couple of hours before heading home.
After some stomach issues & then being diagnosed with kidney disease & all kinds of things that go along with it - basically all his organs are shutting down, we've decided to put my Georgie to rest. The vet will be visiting later this evening.
My heart is absolutely breaking with this decision :(
I wanted so badly to give George 1 more good, enjoyable summer up at the river - & we were SO close. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be :(
He's lived a good, happy life.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. I know it's extremely difficult to make this decision. It's good that he had such a long and wonderful life with you.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
DJsMom I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am happy for you that you were able to have one last wonderful memory with your loving friend to hold dear. It is never easy to say goodbye to the ones we love so much. You are giving your dear George one final gift, a peaceful, pain free end. We should all be so lucky as to be loved so much in our lifetimes. God bless you for your compassion. Rest in peace sweet George.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya sorry for all this..it really touched me...i just saw it my first time to the site cos i'm new here...pls try to bear

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Djs mom - i'm sorry for the pain you must be going through. That is wonderful that you got to take him to the river one final time. It's never easy but you are making one of the hardest decisions a dog owner has to make and I'm glad you are making it before he's in a lot of pain. I'll be thinking of you... hugs!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm so sorry. The end of a lifetime journey together is always so hard. My heart goes out to you and Georgie.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry you and Georgie are going to be apart for a while. I am glad he got to enjoy one last special day with you.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'm so sorry. It is the hardest thing to do, when you have a dog that is still mobile/aware yet you know it is best. It is easier if they are in such bad shape they don't want to move or even eat. When they still can get around yet you know that waiting may result in suffering, it is just so hard.

Godspeed George.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you so much everyone, your words of comfort mean so much to me, & I especially needed them this morning.

It's a whole different way of life from now on, without Georgie :(

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Oh, I missed this thread.. my heart is breaking. :( I didn't know George's situation but it sounds like you gave him a great life.. and a wonderful last afternoon. *hugs to you*

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you so much MissMutt & digits mama.
I know he's at peace, but it's still so hard. We all wish we could keep them happy & healthy forever, & yet we all know what lies ahead at some time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my heart goes out to u today and further on to help with your decision that u made. You did what was best for your friend.
I give my blessings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts