Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well anyways, hello..

my names esaul.. and well my mom bought me a "German Shepard" and i quote that because i'm on the fence about it being purebred.. but, don't matter too much to me.. i'm not a 5 year old kid, i'm actually 19.. dono much about dogs.. or where to start...

i got the dog yesterday, still need to name him.. it's between adolf, killer, or rakim.

and no, i don't want him to be aggressive what so ever!!! lol

but.. he's a stubborn little puppy, i get him on a leech to walk em, he refuses to walk. doesn't listen.. oh, and my parents are against me taking class's... iono.. something about my dad training his dog without class's.. stupid.. anyways...

do you guys know what i should do? i hear about bad owners all the time, and ppl who cant train a dog correctly, and i refuse to fall under that catagorie, can anyone help me?

any advice is appreciated... and ... sorry if you don't understand what i type.. i don't proof read, and i just go on and on!!!! GAHH ill shut up now...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
:confused: I don't think Killer is a good name for a dog that you don't want to be aggressive.

If this is actually a serious post and I'm not making a fool of myself right now, I'd 1) pick a friendly sounding name to hint to others that your dog is docile and amiable, 2) sign up for training classes because if you don't know much about dogs and are raising a GSD, you might be in for a disaster otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:confused: I don't think Killer is a good name for a dog that you don't want to be aggressive.

If this is actually a serious post and I'm not making a fool of myself right now, I'd 1) pick a friendly sounding name to hint to others that your dog is docile and amiable, 2) sign up for training classes because if you don't know much about dogs and are raising a GSD, you might be in for a disaster otherwise.
it's not a fake post, i see why you would think that..

his name is Rakim.

and actually i'm doing ok with him, he now knows his name, and knows how to sit when i tell him too! (yay, lol) only thing ive had a problem with now, is when i pet another dog, he gets extremely jealous. any way to get him not to?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Like I said, I highly suggest working with a trainer or attending classes. How old is this dog? What is his story? If he's an adult and showing this type of behavior (it's a type of possession) then it can get dangerous. If he's a pup then you want to nip this in the bud ASAP.

You sound like you're on the right track by trying to train him, but it seems you've got some behavioral issues springing up too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, I highly suggest working with a trainer or attending classes. How old is this dog? What is his story? If he's an adult and showing this type of behavior (it's a type of possession) then it can get dangerous. If he's a pup then you want to nip this in the bud ASAP.

You sound like you're on the right track by trying to train him, but it seems you've got some behavioral issues springing up too.
how so?

and he's apparently 5 months old. i'm suppose to go look at his parents today, so that should be interesting..and i'm currently viewing the "dog star daily" thanks for the link!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts