Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year Pepper was having some limping issues. After taking her to the vet and getting x-rays he didn't find anything wrong with her - he thought she must have just pulled a muscle. However, he did notice some minor hip dysplasia in her back hips. I started giving her a glucosamine supplement (Gucosapet). At our next vet visit, the vet suggested that there were better supplements out there - I think he said Omega 3s would be better. We had just bought a big bottle of the Glucosapet though so I decided to finish it off before getting anything else. Now that it's gone I can't remember 100% what he recommended to get.

So what is good for hip dypslasia? I don't need a specific brand or product, just in general what is a good thing to look for in a supplement? She's not in pain so I don't think we need to go extreme like CBD or anything. She gets some stiffness sometimes after a long day of play/running.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes the limping issue seems to be solved; she doesn't limp anymore, but does get a bit stiff sometimes after a long day of play, running, etc.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

I'm going to see what our local pet store carries for supplements. I know they do have some good ones, I just was always using the Glucosapet before so never looked closely at their selection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts