Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw in the IQ test thread that you should hide a treat under a cup (letting your dog see you do so).
I did this countless times in front of Chloe last night, let her sniff it, watch me put it under the cup and then I let her look for the treat.
Well she was not interested in the treat what-so-ever! She would run over to the cup pick it up and run off with it, tossing the cup in the air! I pointed out the treat and she looked at me like "yeah okay i see the treat, but did you see the cup wooo!!!"
I stupidly added 3 cups hid the treat under one and all she did was try to pick up all 3 cups at once completely ignoring the treat!
So as smart as I guess I thought she was, she would definitely fail an IQ test.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Ours would never do that! Not because they're brilliant (LOL) but because they can't pass up a treat!
BUT, look at it this way: treats are something that lots of dogs get on a regular basis; how many dogs are given access to cups on a regular basis?

IMO, your dog was smart for taking advantage of the cups, since she probably doesn't get to play with cups all the time! :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine did that when I switched my first cup out with a cup that looks like the one I scoop his food with. Took it up on his couch and started playing with it. He still ate the treat first though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha good point! She's usually so food motivated I never thought she would willingly walk away from the treat on the floor. Maybe I should try hiding a cup under something instead lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts