Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, our family just adopted a 5 month old lab mix from our local shelter last week. We're still not sure what we're naming him, but we've been calling him Charlie since that's what the shelter had named him.

He's really been the perfect dog - he came home already crate trained, seems to be completely housebroken, and is wonderful with our 3 kids (ages 8, almost 4 and almost 2). I'm really glad we chose to look at what the shelter had - he's still young enough to be plenty playful, but he's past most of what I consider to be some of the most frustrating parts of having a puppy.

We also have two 10 month old cats we adopted from the same shelter last summer... they're still pretty unsure about having a dog around, but since we already had half the house gated off to keep the kids out, they still have plenty of room to roam dog-free.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
What a great looking dog, and kudos to you for saving all those lives.

Welcome to the forum, you'll learn tons here. Great information, and great people!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Aww, he is so cute! He totally looks like a Charlie or even a Sam(Im a little biased with Charlie though, its my favorite boys name) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts