Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 8month old female Shiba and am planning on getting another puppy and I am wondering how to best introduce them to make sure they get along. She has always been great with other dogs but before I moved we lived with another dog who was aggressive towards her which ended up turning into fights and I am worried that would happen again. That was two females and now we are getting a male dog that is a coon/lab mix so I am hoping that will be better for her. She is also very attached to me but my husband is adamant on this puppy but I don't want her to feel jealous or anything either. Any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I would have her spayed first but I know my dog is very dog selective (he's a 6 year old black and tan shiba) I'm not sure if it's a breed thing but he tolerates certain dogs and other dogs he just wants to get into fights with.....I would just stick with the one puppy, if you are unsure about getting a puppy it's not fair for your husband to be pushing another puppy on you just because the shiba is very attached to you (which is what it sounds like though I could be wrong). Welcome by the way and I would love to see pictures of your shiba:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts