Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We bought 100% pure pumpkin. How much do I add to her food? Need to feed her dinner shortly. She has loose stool and a bit of diarrhea. We took her to vet this morning but I didn't ask this question. How do you store canned pumpkin that I am not using? fridge? thanks!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I give my 20 pound dog two tablespoons to his bowl of food. I freeze pumpkin in ice cube trays and when they are solid I take them out of the trays and place them in a zip loc freezer bag. I take them out as needed. I have also given them frozen outside as a treat .... sort of like a cold bone. They are messy though. :/

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
FI's aunt feeds their dog pumpkin mixed with his kibble. 2 large spoonfuls with his 1/2 cup of kibble and mixed well. He gets it with every meal so they go through a can in a couple of days - they transfer the pumpkin into a plastic container and keep it in the fridge. It really depends on how often and how much you're feeding it, as to how you store it.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I give kabota 2 tablespoons every 4 hours for loose stools and just put some tin foil over the can and stick it in the fridge. He loves pumpkin, so I just feed him the whole can.

I also use fresh pumpkin from my garden as a treat for him. Processing fresh pumpkin isn't hard, it's just time consuming.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Pumpkin is not harmful and most dogs like the taste. I give 1 - 2 tablespoons mixed with his dry dogfood, every time I feed him while he has diarrhea.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It only lasts in the refrigerator for like 5 days...I think it says it on the can. I freeze mine in ice cube trays too. You don't have to give it in the food, you can give it to them frozen and they will like it that way too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts