Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Wednesday morning I noticed blood on carpet. I examined her and didn't know where it was coming from. I saw bruising on her stomach. I took her outside and she peed blood and then all of a sudden blood in her gums. I rushed to the ER and her platelet is 14,000 (dangerously low), Red/White ok. Ultra Sound, X ray normal, urine sample normal. Started her on steroids and antibiotics that night. She has more bruises on her tummy after shaving.

Next morning she had no energy to walk so back to ER. She was loosing too much blood and red blood count down to 25%. She was hospitalized and had to get 1st blood transfusion. Friday morning no improvement to red blood count. Noticed less red in urine but black stool. At night Red blood down to 21%. 2nd round of blood infusion.

(today) Saturday its up to 35%. No red in urine (hint of pink), stomach bruise fading, no gum bleed, black stool. Red Blood went down to 31%. Platelet results are tomorrow. This has been 4 days of hell. My baby is everything to me. I continue to make her organic chicken, liver, eggs, salmon, sardines, spring water, no vaccines, use many Mercola holistic supplements. She is 11 ridgeback/shep. Very healthy, takes daily 1.5 hours of walks a day. Please help/advice anything. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts