Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello from a newbie,
this is fitz. we are in the proscess of adopting Fits and picking him up staturday! we cant wait
the pics are from are visit whit him yesterday.

we do not have him home yet, so we cant cant take him to the vet for there opinion on the following questions. however he will be going within the next week to our vet just to get a baseline file started so the vet has a referance for future visits and to make sure everything is in order with shots and to transfer ownership information with his micro chip.

the only reason we dont have him yet is that he is being neutered friday and we have to wait till thats done.

my questions are what breed do YOU think he is?
and how old do You think he looks?

the person fostering him was told that he was 6-12 months
and mastiff mix

and vet visit document i was given says terrier, pit bull/mix. which i dont agree with. but i am not an expert.

do to insurance reasons i dont want any documents indicating pit bull.
but no matter what he is he will be staying with us for ever.

i have had dogs my whole life (mostly shepard mixed dogs) untill the last 8 months when my rottie/shepard was put down because of bone cancer.

thanks john
and glad to be here!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Yeah I thought Great Dane and I recently learned they do come in Brindle! :) Doesn't look pit to me.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
OMG BRINDLE ALERT BRINDLE ALERT!!!!!!!!

he is GEE-ORGEOUS!!!!!

he could be a pit x dane...maybe...but his features and size don't look very pit...

If he is part pit he isnt much pit...I would just register him as a mixed breed...

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I see a LOT of Mastiff! Actually he looks a bit like a purebred Mastiff I once met. They get kind of gangly at that age. I really can't see any other breed in him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitz officially joined the famialy today! and is such a good pup.
i picked him up this morning from his fooster parent.

the vet that neutered him friday says hes a Mastiff/Great Dane mix and
is @ 6 mounts of age.

i cant help but wonder what body type will have when full grown.
tall and skinny like a dane or thick like a mastiff.

here are a couple pics from today.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What a total, completely, utter, CUTIE OMG he is so cute I want to squish he face and kiss him all over.

I have the same issue but luckily my vet works with me on the breed mix and puts them under the breed mix in them that is not deemed "BAD" they always put them under the breeds not concider a danger. I am thankful he understands that insurance and stuff have no clue how my dog acts or what they do but he knows them and knows they are big ol' sweeties.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
IThat pic of him lookin at the camera screams dane!
Yep, I didn't see it before but that pic really shows off his Dane side. I totally agree with the vet---Mastiff/Dane mix.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I definitely think Mastiff/Dane! He is very handsome and your little girl is so cute, too! It looks like they are gonna be great buddies LOL! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
He's so pretty! You can tell he's still got that baby face, but will grow up to be a very large baby! Your daughter is very cute, as well! I love that curly hair! My hair was like that until I was a teen, and then for some reason straightened out alot. I hope she gets to keep those curls!

·
Banned
414 Posts
What a gorgous boy. I think that the vet was spot on with the Dane/Mastiff theory. The dog food companys are going to LOVE you. :D

What a wonderful addition to your family. Congratulations! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts