Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I joined this forum today. I didn't realize there were a group of people who are just as crazy about their dogs as I am/was. A little about me. I was a first time dog owner in 1995. My dog's name was Lily. I rescued her from North Shore Animal League in Long Island, NY. She was 11 weeks old. I had her for 7 years and then I moved to a place that didn't allow pets.

So I gave her to my sister, since she had a big house, backyard, kids, and I thought this was ideal. On the way home from grooming the dog, she left her car windows down and Lily saw something that attracted her attention and jumped out and ran after it. My sister never found her. This was 4 years ago.

I am still hurt and angry about it. What's worse, my sister didn't want to hear my anger and hurt. She told me be thankful she took the dog in! Also, I didn't find out about the dog missing through her. I found out through another sister over dinner, 4 days later! I still miss my dog. I'm ashamed because when I talk about her, people think it's abnormal to have loved a dog that much, after all she was "just a dog". But I don't see it that way at all.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Welcome to the board and I'm very sorry for your loss. That is a great story for people who drive with their windows down...

·
Registered
509 Posts
That is such a sad story.....and even sadder that your sister was so insensitive to the problem.:mad:

Dogs become a part of your family....they are more a part than some people!:):):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts