Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Sara and I have a toy poodle 9 months old named Lucky. He is generally well behaved, however, he mostly nip plays at night to the point where I get a little afraid because he doesn't stop. I know for a fact its a play thing, but I don't want that behavior. Also, when i come home from work he is very excited, wagging his tail and whining with excitement BUT instead of licking, he wants my hands in his mouth. He bites softly when i enter the house but i need to change that behavior bc he does that with anyone that enters the house. Nobody wants to come over if Lucky runs to them, jumps up with excitement only to nibble on their hand. How do I stop this behavior? and i know its all in good fun. He isn't aggressive but I feel like he thinks he's showing affection by doing that. Please help..i want my puppy to be likable to others. The nipping must stop!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I remember correctly I just started to whelp just loud enough that my dog would raise ears and say sorry. Didn't take long before she knew she was hurting others, then she stopped completely. Don't know if this is a good way of doing it since this is my first dog also, but she's very well behaved now. Maybe a little different with a toy poodle than a belgian shepherd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts