Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Jaimee and I'm from midwest USA. I have a sufficient background in animal companionship, but my story with dogs is a sad one. Growing up, our family always had a dog - one at a time. We had a teacup Yorkie, a miniature Yorkie, and a regular Yorkie. They are amazing, well trained dogs but I always wanted something a bit more... durable. I had a couple of dogs that I wish had better lives, but that's in the past.

I know mistakes, and I know resolutions. I have volunteered at shelters, dog sat, and even looked into veterinary medicine. I am finally confident in my ability to care for animals (after keeping cats/lizards) and decided to commit to saving a dog and providing the best life I can. There is a right time for everything, and this is it.

Two days ago, I rescued a beautiful 2yo Australian Shepherd/Corgi mix from a shelter in my city. Honestly, I see German Shepherd/Husky/Corgi, but that's not important. She is a beautiful, loyal and loving pup who is energetic, timid and insanely friendly. Her name is Fey, and luckily I adopted her during her first week in the shelter. They say she was a stray, but she is housebroken and knows basic commands. We'll work on a few things, but it will take time for her to adjust.

I look forward to using this forum for tips/tricks, and becoming the caring dog owner that these animals deserve. Thanks for reading! Anyways, here's my girl: Fey.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I'm so happy to finally be a part of a dog community. I visit threads for my reptiles, but I didn't even realize that dog internet communities existed!! Looking forward to making friends of all breeds/size! :grouphug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts