Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to be the owner of a Papillon pup. Because I've never had a dog before, I'm here to learn as much as I can about doggies so I can be a competent owner to the new furbaby :)

Also, please do guide me along because I'm not really sure of the protocol around here :D

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Congrats! You came to the right place to ask about papillons as there are a lot of papillon people around here. Let me know if you have any questions. they're a great breed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Well, for starters, I'd like to find out more about Papillon specific diseases. The pup was picked up by my nan in china by the roadside where dogs are often sold. I am positive that the poor dog was product of a BYB or PM, and these disgusting people do inbreeding, no doubt there.

I'm just worried about breed specific diseases etc. My nan is well into her eighties and knows nothing about vets, so I'm here to at least get a heads up on what I'm getting myself into. I will be visiting china to take the dog to a vet and make necessary arrangements to have the dog imported to where I currently live, but that is still a few months away.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) I will be looking forward to photos once you have your new addition home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts