Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My names is Julian and I'm 59 with 2 rescued dogs.

In October 2011, my sister-in-law was fostering a rescued dog and she brought him out to the family cottage for the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend. During dinner, he was outside, barking to play with children nearby. After dinner, I said to my sister-in-law, "where's his leash, I'll take him for a walk". We walked down the road about 1km and back again and when I got back to the cottage, I said to her (in front of my wife), "he's mine, what do I need to do to make it happen". Although my wife was not opposed, she was shocked but completely open to the idea. Two days later, "Laddie" was ours. However, I didn't like the name Laddie, couldn't think of a better one but when we introduced him to a friend, her daughter, a fan of Harry Potter, said, "what about Sirius Black?" so Sirius it was. He's a Black Lab/Border Collie/Husky mis and very friendly and eager to go to you for a scratch. He's now about 8.5yrs.

My wife wanted to plan to replace Sirius by getting another, a rescue. Hunter was in great demand but we got there first and was able to acquire him. He was 1yr in January 2019, is a Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix. He's very active, a very fast runner (Sirius not so much but we love him dearly anyway). However, because of his energy, Hunter is a real puller on the leash so I've just been taken them together to a local dog park to run around while trying to find an opportunity (the snow is finally just gone) to train him (and Sirius) to loose leash walk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll have some questions about training but for now, here's photos of them.

Sirius looking wise while relaxing on the couch

P3170048-final.jpg

Hunter in a rare moment of stillness

P3170058-final.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts