Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Tina. I am 49 going on 25 and love life. I am the mama to Sophie, a 4 month old Chipoo (didn't buy her for her design, just her face and personality), Roody Pooh, a 13 yr old maltese/chihuahua mix (not by design, just by accident I'm told;)), Pita, a 12 yr old GSD, Bristoe, a 5 yr. old GSD and my cats; Misty, her daugher Molly and Molly's daughter Mikey(thought she was a he). I can't wait to share some pictures with you all.:)

I have spent the last hour or so reading posts and getting a feel for the site. For the most part, I like it. The only thing that kind of put me off was the bashing that seems to be going on by some. No one has to like the fact that I have a designer breed, heck until I saw my little Sophie I was totally against it too. Although I am in love with anything of the canine family, there are certain breeds that I would not own, personal choice. I served on the Board of Directors for our local humane society for 6 years and I am the most outspoken person you will find on animal rights. I agree with some that some of the breeding going on goes way to far and everyones always trying to outdo everyone else with these cutesie names. When people ask me about Sophie and say "what is she", I always say "Wonderfully perfect".

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi from New Jersey & Welcome!

I love dogs too! I love all breeds - pedigree or mixed -- it doesn't matter -- love them all -- would love to own a Shelter.

Throughout my life I have owned a Boxer, Cocker Spaniel, Collie, Bichon Frise, Yorkshire Terrier, Pit Bull & 3 Mixed Breeds....and now I own a Siberian Husky.

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey fellow show-me'er. I'm from the Springfield/Branson area.

I love your response to the breed question. I have a boxer/collie mix and am always asked what breed he is and hate going through the "his mom is a boxer and dad was a border collie" shpill. He is "just perfect", I love it.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hello & welcome to df.
Until I got April in 1993 I had never had a pure bred dog b4. The 3 dogs I had as a child & the 1st 2 as an adult were all cross breeds. And that is all they were ever called, this "designer breed" term has only been a recent term in the last 10 or so years.
Love to see pics of all your fur kids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts