Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Post more specific threads in the First Time Owners forum or whatever forum you feel is best for you. You'll need to provide more details than "needs help", and you're best bet is not to post here (post in the correct sub-forums).

Welcome to the forum~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, some people on here are rude! What do you need help with cat28? I love Border Collies and grew up with 3 of them! I now own an Aussie which are of similar temperament, maybe I can help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you dont need to be so rude, ive just joined and still trying to work it out i will post in the right forums when i know what im doing, thanks for the welcome! sum people are RUDE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he goes in his crate at night and jst starts crying n barking really loud and dosent stop for ages, hes got a hot water bottle a clock, been told these things mind him of his mum they dont seem to help, keeps us up most the nite then barks n crys again at 5 in the morning, im thinking of jst taking him out the crate and letting him lie next to me in bed jst for a quiet nite, its not jst at nte time its the same during the day when i leave him for a few hours i hear him screaming when i leave the house even the neighbours can hear him! toilet training is pretty gd he scratches at the door to get out and he does the toilet but then he does still do it in the house sumtimes

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm don't know about anyone being rude to you - Sen was just guiding you to a proper place to post what you need help with, since a lot of people don't check the new members posts. :( it can be hard to get an answer to your questions.

You say he's eight weeks old and you've had him for three weeks, correct? Why did you get a puppy at five weeks of age? That is far too soon to be away from his mother :(.

He's going to cry and scream and be loud. He's a puppy who was taken from his mother and from his litter mates -far- too early. Puppies will cry when you leave. They don't like being alone. Don't only crate him when you're leaving. When you're home put him in his crate for maybe like 15 minutes, max. Make the crate a great place to be with lots of toys and give him treats to go in. If he screams don't let him out. When he calms down and is quiet let him out and praise him. Then do it again a few hours later. If the crate becomes a bad place - like when you leave - he won't like it and he'll never stop screaming. Most puppies grow out of it with the proper guidance from you.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hello and welcome. There are many good threads and many people on this forum with good advice and much information as well. Enjoy your stay. I too had to figure out where everything was and where to post when I was new The worst was trying to post pics! Lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts