Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
A couple of days ago we found a Labrador sitting on the sidewalk in front of our house.
The labors that work in the neighboring construction site said that someone left him over there that morning. My sister was the first to realize that he was actually kind of crying. We feed him bread and water but he snarls every time I try to touch him. Today I gave him water in a tray and now he snarls when I try to pick up that tray.
Help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would call the local animal control to take control of the dog. They need the opportunity to check its health, try to find the dogs family/owner, etc. It may have been someone other than the owner that left the dog and the owner could be worried about his return. If the dog doesn't have a collar, he/she might be microchipped. If it turns out the owner truly doesn't want the dog, you can always step in to adopt if that is your desire.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you are going to feed him, I would start feeding dog food and not bread. I'm by no means a dog nutritionist, but I've read feeding bread can lead to an upset stomach. there are also many food items that although safe for humans, can cause health problems for dogs, such as grapes, raisins, onions, etc. good luck and please provide an update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts