Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Arlind Emini im 15 years old im from Albania i joind the community cose im getting a german sheppard puppy next week hes about 1.5 Months old and can you give give me some tips when the 1st day he will come will he bark all night cose hes sepperated from his family ?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) This is a very good place for you to begin learning how to raise a puppy! Remember to post pictures when you can! :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi Arlind Emini ,

Welcome to DF , You will find that you are at a great place for getting helpful information for your new GSD puppy. There are many forum sections for health care and training and dog talk in general with lots of friendly folks.
Yes , your dog will bark a lot to start with , and , separation anxiety could be one of the reasons.......Welcome to puppyhood . This will be a great fun adventure for you , and , you will get all the help/advice you will need , just post any questions you have.................. Take lots of pics as they grow so fast and don't forget to post some of those pictures.

Good Luck , oldhounddog

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi pleased 2 meet u all ,im new 2 this and desparate for sum advise on my 13 wk springer,she gets all mine and my 2 kids attention all day,she is well behaved through the day till its bed time,she is kept in a kitchen and is not in any kind off kennel,but she whines n screams all night ,i av tried a radio clock teddy bears our clothes n nothing has helped please help we all need sum sleep

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is the wrong thread you should have posted in First time dog owners section or the General Dog Talk but im going to try to answear your question: Why not try putting an old shirt of yours in the cage. Something you have worn and not washed. The smell of someone he loves may be enough to comfort him and let him fall asleep. Any chance of moving the cage next to your bed or is that out of the question? cose it may be cose hes alone try putting him next to your bed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope putting the puppy next to you stoped the crying at night also its not forever as she gets older you can even put dog outside to sleep like my uncle keeps his doberman outside to guard and hes got a cage out side exept when its snowing or raining but hes 1 year old so keep your dog next to you at all times when hes a pup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts