Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Maddy and I'm the owner of four dogs and two cats (really though, the cats belong to my mother and sister - dogs are mine) I live in the country of Texas, USA with my eight other siblings. I've lived in Texas all my life and no, I do not have an accent. Sorry, I get asked that allot. Let me introduce my dogs....
Chewie - My sweet baby boy - in fact the only boy animal. He came to us starved and having two broken legs. The vet said they'd been broken about 3 weeks before we found him. He's a beautiful black Labrador retriever. Labs are supposed to be pigs, right? Eat allot? Well Chewie will let his bowl of food sit all day. Sometimes he'll eat it at night or just play with it during the day, the little brat, lol. But he's really sweet, although he likes to use my skin and clothes as chew toys. I'm trying to get him out of the "biting on people playfully thing". He turns two on July 9'th (I think) and lives outside in a dog run, as he's too destructive and wild in the house.
Kiara - Poor Kiara is an overweight chow/collie mix that had a bad past with teenage boys. She's now more afraid of them than anything, including my harmless older brother. Adult men, she doesn't fear. It's kinda weird. Anyway, she loves more than anything: me, attention and FOOD! This dog will snatch food from the little kids' hands! And when she's loose outside, she runs away and doesn't come back. Doesn't look back, runs away from me, etc. It's really a burden. But I adopted her from the pound a year or two ago. She's about 4-5 years old with a beautiful red coat and the sweetest face.
Cookie and Angel - These are my first ever dogs. I still remember the day. I was (as usual) pretending I was a dog *blush* and was thinking "I wish I had a dog" as I did several times a day, when my parents got home and announced a surprise. In the back of our huge blue van were two baby shih-tzu faces pressed against the wired cage, their paws flying all over with their tiny pink tongues licking away at the air. Cookie is black and white and Angel is brown and white. They are both purebreds, but I was too young to train and show them. They now live with short coats (because I must groom them and can't handle long coats like theirs') and spend all their time being loved and "scavenging" around the house for scraps of food the kids may have spilled. They're both sisters and a friend of ours' gave them to us because otherwise, they would be taken to the pound (not that they wouldn't immediately have been adopted). They're both sisters and both turn nine years old this year.

EDIT:
Okay, here are some pictures of my dogs!

^^Chewie^^

^^Kiara^^

^^Cookie^^

^^Angel^^

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Your dogs sound beautiful and I would love to see pictures. I replied to your post about Chewie, but it sounds like Doggy Zen will also help a bit with Kiara. You don't have to live with these "burdens"! Many fearful and poorly-behaved dogs have come back from much worse.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome!
What beautiful dogs you have! They all have such cute faces! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts