Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had dogs and cats since i was little, so i'm not unaccustomed, but this one is special in that it is the first one we got from a shelter and my daughter picked her out of the 50 or so dogs they had there.

she is about 7, so i am trying to figure her out, but so far so good. Hope to get some questions answered soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
849 Posts
That makes sense. I definitely saw pug- and terrier. Most of the crosses I see with the Jack Russell have short coats. I did wonder about the scruffier terrier fur, but some Jacks have the wirecoat. She sure can shake a toy like a terrier! :laugh:

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Awww, that was so sweet of you to adopt her! She looks similar to a Border Terrer. In the shelter cage she looks so sad and worried. :( I'm sure it'll take awhile for her to adjust- weeks or months even. But you've given her a second lease on life!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww, that was so sweet of you to adopt her! She looks similar to a Border Terrer. In the shelter cage she looks so sad and worried. :( I'm sure it'll take awhile for her to adjust- weeks or months even. But you've given her a second lease on life!
she's actually doing really good, mood wise. not nervous at all. i'm just trying to adjust to or adjust her walking schedule because she seems to want to go all the time. she drinks excessively, at least for a dog this size. I'm also trying to get her comfortable with sleeping more than a few feet away from any one of us. in my case she just ends up between my feet or above my pillow after i fall asleep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts