Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am FURIOUS FURIOUS FURIOUS!!!!!!!

From an article in my local paper...

Sandford is among those who think the fear is warranted, since pit bulls have largely been bred to be aggressive, just as other types of dogs are to shepherd animals or seek out scents
The Micchiches' last dog, who died in August was also a pit-bull mix, a fact the New York Shelter they adopted it from tried to hide by saying it might be a boxer or, finally, a Staffordshire Terrier--a fancy name for pit bull
here is the email address to write to

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
What a horrible article.

Shoppers who strolled by the storefront Sunday might have caught Jacob, whose handlers think he might be part pointer, and fellow pit bull-mix Petey frolicking on the floor, their beefy necks and hind legs pushing and flailing as their mouths hung open in slobbery dog smiles.

"See how vicious they are," joked Joe Micciche of Holly Springs, Susana's husband.
The entire quote...you left out the end.
The Micchiches' last dog, who died in August, was also a pit-bull mix, a fact the New York shelter they adopted it from tried to hide by saying it might be a boxer or, finally, a Staffordshire terrier -- a fancy name for pit bull. Their neighbors balked, but the dog, which died in August, was loyal and friendly, they said.
Way to cut out what you want to hear, and ignore the rest. The article is about how awful dog shows are, not pit bulls.

"I hate dog shows," said Dan Richards, who, along with his wife, runs the AniMall Pet Adoption and Outreach Center at the Morrisville Outlet Mall.
Or maybe it's about the adoption events at the mall.

It's certainly not about how evil pit bulls are...

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sarcasm not appreciated.

the two bits I quoted contain misinformation that should be corrected. the more people who contact the paper with correct info the more likely it is to be corrected.

simple as that. I don't think the article is horrible. Printing a quote saying pits were bred to be aggressive is not cool because its incorrect. I am asking for backup in trying to get a correction. not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but every bit of CORRECT info out there helps. it does make me furious because they silip those kinds of comments into dog related articles all the time at thsis paper...no matter what the article is actually about...

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that first sentence sure reads like sarcasm.

im not stupid. im not slamming the article itself. just those bits that mislead. so don't be snarky.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Wtf? you don't be snarky. I said I'm not being sarcastic. It's the internet. Sarcasm is a VERBAL tone. Words can't read like sarcasm unless you hear them that way in your head.

The article doesn't seem to have a focus. It's a crappy article. It also has about as much pro pit bull lines as it does bad info, if you want to call it that. It also has lots of anti-show lines. It's a crappy article, and you can stop focusing on ME now, kthx.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heh..now who is reading into who's words too much? nothing I said was meant to be angry or was all focused on you

whatever dood

on topic I wrote in and got a pretty dissmissive response so I'm writing the editor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts