Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my name is Liam and I have a 8 month old Maltese/Shihtzu mix.

for some reason I can't post in the health forum so not to post in the wrong section (I'm just concerned about my pup) but I had a question if anyone might be able to help...

Why does my dog have accidents (usually when excited) after he was neutered? He was perfectly house trained and never had accidents. I leave a pad out in the living room of my apartment and anytime he needs to urinate he goes to his pad, circles a few times and goes on the pad. He was good about it for a few months until he got neutered 2 weeks ago. As soon as I brought him home, he urinated at my feet. Over the next 2 days or so he had frequent accidents around the house and not only that, he didn't even look for his pad or even circle around before he peed (he used to circle around EVERY time he had to pee regardless if it was indoors or outdoors). I noticed that most of these accidents occurred when he got somewhat excited. He has gotten so bad that I had to confine him in my bathroom. I feel like he just leaks urine at random times and especially when he gets excited. This worries me and even has baffled the vet. They did a urine analysis and said there is no infection and he seems healthy...Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Has this happened to any of you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts