Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well! Today was FUN.

Woke up at 5:30am. My dad, mom brother and I were on the road by 6:10. Lots of fun on the 3 hour and 40 minute drive. SO easy to get there, no traffic est.. Got to the farm and wow! We were greeted by 4 dogs (Rowan, Ty's mom; Ruby, Bonnie and Tassel). I'm so shy so my mom did the talking (I sent all the emails...over 100 from January to well last Saturday LOL). We pet all the dogs then went to see the puppies. Ruby only had 3 pups left and all of Bonnie's were there (they're due to go tomorrow). Only Ty and 3 of his sisters were left. And Awwww! He was so cute, is so cute.

They also have 3 horses and 2 goats at the farm. All of them looked amazing!

Anyways back to dogs...While we were admiring the horses and Ty, Tucker comes running out. He's amazing. Big, furry, and a suck. He curled up on my foot and went for a nap LOL.

My dad had fun throwing a Kong for Tassel, who is 11, and in great shape. The other dogs were chasing birds in the fields and having a blast!

William (my brother) couldn't get away from Rowan, and Bonnie followed me everywhere!

Now back to Ty..As soon as the breeder passed him to me he hurled right up on my shoulder, same with my mom. So we get the paper work and his kibble and after 40 minutes of being there we leave at 10:30am. Ty on my lap the whole time. Wouldn't go on the pillow we had. No crying out of him at all. We get lost trying to get back to the 402 or 401..I'm not a driving person LOL.

Well an hour and a bit into the ride, and 5km to the pit stop we were making, Ty pee's on me LOL. But doesn't do all of it, so when I took him out of the car he finished like a good boy!. He did 2 other pee breaks on our way home!

A couple fell in love with him and were looking for a dog to get, so we gave them the name of the breeder. There going to see about getting a puppy from either the next litter or the one after that. They were so nice

We get home around 3:30pm, lots of traffic on the way back, plus pit stops for Ty.

He's doing GREAT at home. He wasn't to sure about the concrete as they had none at the farm (just grass and dirt). But finally he started walking on it. He goes pee about 2 hours after having a good drink. He can hold it pretty well so far *knock on wood*. And he had a nice poop 4 hours after being fed.

He's also doing great in the crate so far! Not a word out of him, just goes to sleep. I'm so proud of him!

I'm sure I'm missing a lot but I'm dead tired and have to stay up for another 3 hours or else I won't get up to let him out. My dads going to do the 5:30am "walk".

Here are pictures though! Enjoy...Theres sure to be a lot more

*20 minutes later* I lied..He's starting to whimper now..I also took him out for his hour after eating and he pooped again and peed :)

And here is a link to the rest..cuz I'm to tired to keep posting 4 and 4 and 4...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v600/SilverPhoenix69/Puppy/

I got a few really cute ones in there!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Congratulations! He's absolutely adorable. Best of luck, and keep us updated with pictures of this adorable little guy. I love his name, too.

·
Registered
630 Posts
YEAH! Im so happy for you. I can tell by your post how excited you are. I think that Ty is going to be one happy, lucky puppy. Congratulations!
PS He is seriously cute by the way :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone :) . Well I ended up getting up at 6am with my dad...Ty had an accident in his crate. After his 2 really good poops, I guess all the excitement finally caught up to him. But I will be keeping an eye out for it. He was a mess! In only 3 hours...Well I wasn't going to bath him for a week, but it was a must to bath him now. He did ok with his first bath, but gave those puppy eyes and looked at me like I was trying to kill him...those eyes are gonna be the end of me LOL

Also I wanted to ask...He has a cough, but he was completely fine for the hour we were at the breeders (and I didn't hear any of the other dogs cough), and didn't start until we were more in the city. My mom figured it was the country to city change in the air which was making him cough, because he's not used to it, and I emailed the breeder about it and she said pretty much the same thing. That she's never had kennel cough in her dogs, and that the only dogs that start to cough (if they do) are the ones that move into the city,and that it clears up in a few days. It makes since. But how likely would it be Kennel Cough? I'm taking him to the vet Monday instead of Tuesday now, just to get everything done and a full check to make sure he's alright

Oh he also snores when he's sleeping LOL

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I was waiting for this thread! He's adorable! Have tons of fun with him... as for the cough, I wouldn't rush him to the e-vet, but definitely mention it at the appointment. All the best!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Teehee! Thanks everyone!

Every one loves him. When we were on our way home from the breeder we were stoped by everyone to say hello...

I still can't believe he's here! He doesn't like being inside, He thinks he's in trouble. But thats due to him being outside almost all of his 8 weeks, he just LOVES it.

He's only piddled in the house once, and I caught him and took him right out side. He's starting to chew EVERYTHING. Bitter Apple here I come! LOL. I have to keep stop him from eating weeds and grass. I don't want him in a habit of eating plants incase he decides to eat something thats poision to him.

Oh I forgot to add. My cats are almost completely fine with him! Midnight, who I was worried about because she's my little girl, curled up on the couch above him and actually went to sleep (thats big for her)

He just passed stool again and its perfect. My mom said it could be the water as well, because its totally different for him. I'll start switching his food to Orijen in a few days. Give him some time to get used to everything.

Don't worry, I'll be posting lots of pictures :)

And Melissa, I won't rush him to the evet, but I did think it LOL. I'll be telling the Doc about it. He hasn't done it as much as yesterday, but it still worries me a bit. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm so happy for you! This has made me even more excited for my puppy! I bought my Golden Doodle, Gavin, in April, but he's too young to be taken from his mom so I have to wait till June to get him :( It's worse then Christmas, lol! Anyways, good luck with your new puppy!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Your gonna love it when your puppy finally comes!

I've been talking to the breeder since December and new Ty was mine March 28th! It seemed like forever for him to finally get here...But now that he is, I can't believe it! :)

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Congrats :) He's grown so much since the last pics I saw of him...such a cutie!

Looking forward to seeing your little guy grow up!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks shaimart and Shaina!

He has grown so much! He's so much bigger than his brother and sisters that were still there, he's probably gonna grow to be as big as his dad.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable and I know just how happy you are to finally have him home, lol.

Enjoy every second with him and lots more pics please :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts