Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:
I ve been feeding my dog Eukanuba medium breed adult for the last 1,5 month.
I m very satisfied.Her breath is clean,her poops are very good,nice coat,bright eyes,she likes it BUT i think she is thin. She was supposed to eat 130gr per day.I give her 160gr and i still think she is a bit skinny...

Should i change her dog food?
My next option would be Royal Canin medium.

Here are the ingredients:
http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/dog_products/size_health_nutrition/medium_dogs/medium_adult.aspx

and
http://www.eukanuba.co.uk/EukGlobal/UK/en/jsp/product/productDetail/Adult Medium Breed Normal Activity.jsp?id=2018

Which one u think is better?Do u have experience with any of those two?

(Not interested in holistic-organic dog foods)

Thanks!
Nikos-Hiona

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i can see them .Especialy the last two.
My vet says she is ok but i believe she is thin cause she was better when i used to feed her homemade food...

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
If you can see her ribs, she's definitely too thin.

Is there a reason why you can't go back to homemade?

What about one of the Eukanuba Wild Nature formulas? Purina Pro Plan?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eukanuba Wild Nature formulas
There is no big difference with the Medium breed adult...
I 've tried pro plan & one but she started shedding(loosing hair/bad bad english!).
I like Eukanuba(and she likes it VERY much).Should i increase the kgrams???

I stopped cooking cause i have no time this period and it costs more...
So,we went back to dry foods.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If she is thin but still eating a lot it could be a parasite problem...has she had a fecal check recently?

If so, and that is not the issue, it could be that she is just not getting what she needs from this food as it does have a lot of fillers in it and not a lot of substance.

I am not a fan of Royal Canine, but, given the options it appears to be a better food than the other Eukanuba one you listed given the ingredients; if I had to choose between the two, I would feed Royal Canine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If she is thin but still eating a lot it could be a parasite problem...has she had a fecal check recently?
No,it's not a parasite problem. I give her every 3-4months Milbemax and i use garlic quit often as a natural treatment.
Also,her blood tests are excellent.

When i fed her orijen,acana(some''beter'' quality foods) she was much more thinner than she is now.Only eagle pack holistic worked but they stopped shipping to Greece.:(

I like Eukanuba most cause there is no gluten or soy in it +it's a company with experience,a good investigation team and i can find it in every pet shop...:rolleyes:

I 've decided to feed 200gr/day and we'll see...:eek:
Her blood tests will be repeated in August(the time she will get spayed).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is 18 months old .Weights 13kg and is 50cm tall.
She is not a purebred dog. She is maaany maaany breeds together!!! :)))))

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If your vet says she looks fine, I'm thinking he or she is right. As a rule, it's healthier for them to be too thin as opposed to too fat. I can see my dogs' last two ribs also, but they are a perfect weight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a rule, it's healthier for them to be too thin as opposed to too fat.
I agree with that.
I 've also read an about many owners that are overfeeding their dogs.:cool:
We'll see...
Thank u all for your interest!!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts