Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She is soo stinkin cute! We got her on Friday evening. She is doing really well. Even though we watch her ALL the time, still can't figure out her pee and poop schedule...like she ate this morning and had a little diarrea..so little but since then no pooping at all. Last night she never went after dinner so this morning there was poop in her crate. :( I just assume dog poops after eating so I don't know. We are crating her more than her being out so she can like it there. We hang out outside alot hoping she'll go but she just prefers to faceplant on the floor and hang out lol.

She is doing so awesome with us leaving her. I video her on my ipad. So we never say hi/bye and when we watch the video, she has a few barking moments and then settles down and naps. She also has zero reaction when we walk in. No barking nothing. We go about our business and try and make it seem like it's normal. I was most worried about the separation thing but so far so good. We've left for a bit over an hour a few times a day and so far so good.

She is good with the NO Barking command. She understands and settles down once she hears it.

We are home all this week with her. Tomorrow our dog walker visits and on Thursday we have a trainer visiting us.

How do we get her to be interested in the kong? We put a kibble in there with peanut butter and froze it. We give it to her and she doesn't know there is a treat in there. She just plays with it like it's a regular toy. Any ideas? Should we have her watch us make the kong? I really want her to looove the kong.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwe .... she is precious!:) Maybe try and smear a bit of the peanut butter on the outside of the opening of the Kong to give her the idea. I had to do that with Eddee ... he had no clue what a Kong was! Lol!

For potty time ... general rule is after eating, drinking, playing, and napping. I usually wait about 10 - 20 minutes after mine eat to take them out ... but they are all over a year old.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
She is adorable.

Aidan couldn't figure out the Kong either. I put something -- liverwurst, probably -- in my hand, and formed a Kong shape. Aidan had no trouble figuring that out, and enjoyed his Kong after that.

Aidan doesn't like peanut butter, so I fill his Kongs with yogurt (frozen before I give it to him), liverwurst, kibble and other small treats, small bits of chicken or cheese.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts