Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The longer we have buddy the more we think that he might have had some bad treatment in the past. He is a very unsure guy, his leash issues have diminished almost completely with patience & positive methods :).

Here's the thing tho that I don't know how to approach .... He is TERRIFIED of water from a hose , ground or standing water is NP he'll swim like a catfish :), but turn on a hose & he hides, I have been ignoring him when I'm using it, pretending not to notice him & it has been working as he'll still hide, but he won't disappear like he first did.

One setback tho, OH accidentally hit him with the water when he was cleaning the floor of the barn (he was behind something &'didnt see him) how much of a setback was this? He was coming to me when it happened but I didn't call him, he was just following me because I was moving away from the water as well, will he be afraid of me too? I hope not, we had such a relationship building :(. we haven't had him that long (march 31 he came home).

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I don't think you ruined him for life. My husband yelled at Kabota to keep him from burning himself on the oven. Kabota squealed, ran and his under the table. He was still hiding when I got home and my husband was practically in tears. One walk and a hand feeding later, kabota and my husband were fine.

As to the hose . . . Muggsy was terrified of hoses. He didn't like any water outside of his bowl, but hoses scared him. His former owner was pretty mean. I never had much cause to use a hose, myself.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was fine, incan use hoses & he like stands right there lol but anyone else does & he hides :/ OH's energy isn't quite like mine I guess, he is a lot more active assertive "in your face" type of person which doesn't go with Buddy's personality I suppose.... But Josefina is his new BFF :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts