Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
12,539 Posts
The bell is used by a house-trained dog to alert you that she needs (or at least wants) to go out. It will not work as an aid to house-training. I've had a couple of bell-trained dogs and I would rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick than have another. Some dogs (both of the ones we had) tend to ring the bell whenever they want attention and at the most inopportune times.

In the meantime, it is up to you to take her outside more frequently than you would have imagined possible. It will be a PIA but it won't go on forever. Use a crate or tether her to you to minimize the opportunities to fail. Make a huge big deal (likely involving treats and praise - labs love treats and praise) when she goes outside and make no fuss at all if she goes inside. Frankly, if she does, it's your fault, not hers. Any form of punishment (and for a lab, that might just mean a look of stern disapproval) will only encourage her to urinate somewhere where you can't see her.

·
Administrator
12,539 Posts
Have you considered getting professional help. There is this program called "Brain training for dogs", which is founded by Adrienne Farricelli. She and her team has helped thousands dog owners lessen their stress. The info could be found here -->[LINK DELETED BY MODERATOR] Could be beneficial for you.

Kind regards
Have you considered getting a real job instead of spamming forums with your brain training crap? Could be beneficial for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.