Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think he might be still adapting. He just got taken away from is mother and brothers and sisters. Just be calm and gentle with him. Puppies are really sensitive, so try not to get too frustrated. I think it's normal that he's following you around, that's what they do, especially when they're puppies. My dog is a year old and she still sticks to me like glue (even when I go to the bathroom lol). How does your husband approach the little guy? Look at it from the perspective of a little dog, when someone tries to pet you from above or pick you up, that can be really scary. We are much bigger than them, and sometimes harmless things we do can seem very scary. Have you husband try to kneel down to Villy's level, and don't try to grab him. Have Villy approach first and sniff. Sometimes having a tasty treat or a fun toy can help. Let your husband feed Villy all his meals, show Villy that your husband is a provider and brings good things. You guys are still building that trust and bond, so it'll take a little bit of time :) I hope this helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey no problem, I hope things work out. Make sure Dave is really gentle and patient with Villy. Not sure what kind of guy Dave is, but sometimes guys act so macho they don't realize they look really intimidating to such a small puppy, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.