Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe this happened. I took Trevvor, my black poodle, to work today, and somehow he slipped out the door. One second he was beside me at my table the next someone ran in screaming that he'd slipped out. I think he needed to go potty, and he's used to being allowed to do that whenever he wants. He panicked and bolted down the (very busy) street. Someone trapped him in an alley way, but he got away from them. Other people spotted him several times, but couldn't catch him. I'm sure he was completely scared out of his mind by everything. I've got posters up everywhere, ads on craigslist, the company his microchip is registered with sent out an email to people in the area, and I've also posted on facebook. Tomorrow, I'm going to contact the shelter and the vets in the area to see if someone brought him in. Anything else I can do? I ran around for several hours calling him, as did my parents when they got there. I also took my other dog Sam with me, hoping maybe Trev would see or smell her and come to her. If anyone has any other ideas, please speak up! And if you know anyone in the downtown Austin area, please let them know about this! The more people who know the better.

I'm such a mess right now...I need all the prayer and/or positive thoughts I can get!! I'm determined to find him, if I keep believing that I will I know it will come true.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Sending prayers to keep Trevor safe and be found soon. Put an ad in the local paper in the lost section. Go back to the area at night with your other dog, and try calling for him then. Often they will hide when it's busy and come out at night. Go leave a piece of worn clothing near your office door to encourage him to go back there. Drive the route from there to your home, and paper the route with flyers. Often dogs will travel for miles to get home.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Just saw this ... positive thoughts and prayers your way ....... please keep us updated ... I sooo hope you find him!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for all the concern, yes I got my boy back last night after a harrowing 36 hrs of searching! He came across a family having a little party, and decided to join them. I guess he was just exhausted, plus they had food/dogs/kids, his 3 favorite things. :) They saw my ad on craigslist and gave me a call. He's pretty tired, a bit dehydrated, lost quite a bit of weight (high metabolism...makes things so difficult!), and rubbed his feet raw from all the running on pavement, but otherwise he's in good health. I'm going to run him by his vet later this morning, just to make sure he's OK (he feels a tad warm, he might be running a temperature from the dehydration) and maybe get something for his feet. Ah, I love happy endings. :dance:

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am so relieved he is found! I love happy endings too! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts