Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... I'm hoping you all can help me here. I just adopted a dog from a rescue four days ago. He's a 35 lb Australian Shepard/Border Collie mix and is about 1.5 years old. He's vomited twice in four days, yellow frothy. He's been pooping regularly, but it's a yellowish color and maybe a little softer than it should be, still semi-solid though. He also hasn't been eating much (3 cups of a new-very expensive natural food) and wont eat the old food from the rescue (cheap crap I'm assuming). I'm just concerned there's something wrong with his digestion...or is he just needing more time to adjust to the new food and the new environment?

Also, he's been itching quite a bit. We bathed him with tick/flea shampoo and I haven't noticed any creepy crawlies... I'm thinking it might just be dry skin since we live in Arizona and it's a very dry winter here. Any thoughts?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks you!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Did the rescue say anything about his health and was he signed off by a vet before the adoption? You should call up your vet and take him in to rule anything serious out. Switching foods can cause an upset stomach, but he may also be having an allergic reaction to the new food.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said he was fine and he was eating 4 cups of their food... But, he was very, very skinny and wouldn't touch their stuff for the first two days we had him. We tried slowly switching the foods from theirs to ours by mixing it at different amounts, but he would just pick out the good new food and not eat the old stuff.

No, there wasn't a vet that signed off on him...maybe I should just take him to one right away?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.