Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding my dog, RXBiotics (powder), solid gold seameal, and a squirt of salmon oil. The problem is my dog won't eat his food when I mix these suppliments in. I feed him Acana Pacifica dry kibble. I bought Wellness Core Ocean canned food. If I mix it into the kibble he won't eat it. He will eat about 1/4 and then leave it. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks and I now can see my dog is losing weight. If I give him just the plain kibble he gobbles it up no problem. He needs at least the probiotics for his allergies and sensitive tummy. He can't eat chicken or grain. I was wondering if there is a good probiotic with enzymes that is chewable? Also, how can I give him the Salmon oil if he won't eat it over his food?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Is it the probiotics he's refusing to eat or the seameal or the oil? I'd try just the probiotics and see if he'll eat that over his kibble. As to eating the salmon oil, i suppose it depends upon how tame he is about that sort of thing. There was no getting anything into Muggsy without hiding it in high value treats, and even then it was hard, but Kabota will just open his mouth and take any medicine without a problem. If you have a Kabota, you're in luck, you could just get it right in there. If you have a Muggsy . . . maybe you could hide it mixed in with peanut butter or regular butter?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Miraclezyme is 100% vegetarian and chew-able, you still may have to break out the peanut butter though : )

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered the chewable tablets from Miraclezyme. Today I put a squirt of salmon oil in a bowl, his kibble in a separate bowl, the enzymes and probiotics in yogurt in a separate bowl, the SeaMeal in anther bowl moistened with water, and the Wellness Core Canned fish in another Noel. He ate the kibble and licked up the fish oil. He ignored the yogurt, seameal and canned food. So, I figure the new probiotics tablets I ordered as a treat will work in addition to giving him the fish oil in a bowl. He will eat his kibble separate without adding any canned. In the long run, he will get the suppliments he needs and eat his kibble, while saving me money on canned food. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Just curious why you need the omega's (fish oil) and the probiotics? Acana contains both of these. It is a 5 star food.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts