Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dog parks are not places that every dog enjoys spending time at, and it really sounds like Leeloo is telling you that she's not having a good time there. I would strongly suggest you stop taking her to the park. She's not having fun & it's simply stressing her out. I can almost guarantee her behavior will get worse rather than better.

As far as Tilly's behavior goes, well... some dogs enjoy going to dog parks & playing with random strange dogs when they're young, but lose that major dog-social temperament as they get older. At 3 years old, she might just be 'aging out' of the dog park environment. I'd stop taking her there as well.

Just because dogs get along fabulously with their house mates doesn't automatically mean they are going to enjoy romping & playing with strange dogs. Just like people, many (most?) dogs have a few 'dog friends' they that they truly enjoy hanging out, with but really don't care about being BFF's with strange dogs. There is absolutely nothing strange or wrong with this. Stopping taking the ones that don't enjoy the dog park IS fixing the issue. There is no reason they HAVE to like being there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts