Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone miko, 8 week shepherd/lab/collie mix, has been biting everything including me. I dont think this is only puppy playing, he shows his teeth and pounces at my hands and feet and sometimes when im laying down at my face.. i have tried the loud "ouch" or yelp it only makes him bite harder! now I am trying to say "no bite miko" while holding his mouth closed.. if anyone has any tips I would love to take any advice. thank you .

·
Registered
583 Posts
MikosMomma ,
Welcome to DF and the fun of puppyhood.
Try posting in Training forum section ,and check the sticky's out for bite problem solving.

I'll give you a tip: Be ready the nest time you feel a bite coming and grasp pups lower jaw with your thumb on top of tongue and press down with enough pressure to cause minor discomfort to pup and release. After a few times your pup will stop.

oldhounddog

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you try the "ouch!" method are you also going in a separate room than the puppy for a short time? I.E. 1. Puppy bites. 2. You scream "ouch". 3. You go into another room and shut the door for a short time.

We adopted an 8 month old puppy back in April. For the first month or so he had a terrible biting problem. My wife particularly was getting bitten a lot and very frustrated. We tried the above method and for the first few weeks it seemed to have no effect whatsoever. But then one day, the dog just "got it".

Be patient. Be consistent. Both are key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts