Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eddee and Blu Boy are having " Marking " issues. I have gotten Eddee much better with positive training and rushing him outside to potty and treating and praising him. He is 90% better now about marking in the house. I keep him in my sight 24/7 so he has no ability to make mistakes.

But now Blu Boy has taken to marking " over " Eddee's spots even though I am using an enzymatic cleaner. The spots aren't huge ... but certainly not allowed.

Eddee is not neutered yet until next month. I know this probably will not stop the behavior.

Example: I just gave all the dogs a dog treat. Eddee ran to the bedroom where his crate is to eat his treat ... as Blu Boy has already taught Eddee that getting near food is a " No-No" by scuffling one time with Eddee ... Eddee ... after eating his treat then marked the bedroom door.:doh:

Would anyone have a better suggestion on how to stop the " Dirty Duo " from their contest? What may I be missing?

Thank you for any and all suggestions! :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Boys, honestly. Maybe belly bands on both of them? They're just dribbling a little, right, not a full on pee? At least with belly bands you only have to wash the band and not your floor, door, carpet, walls, etc.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boys, honestly. Maybe belly bands on both of them? They're just dribbling a little, right, not a full on pee? At least with belly bands you only have to wash the band and not your floor, door, carpet, walls, etc.
You know ... that is a good idea!

I never even thought of it. Never had to use one. Do the regular pet stores carry them? I will check it out for sure!

I was thinking ... This is a new behavior for Blu Boy ... he has had to endure the loss of his Brother and maybe this is all a bit much too soon for him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts