Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got a dachshund puppy that we decided to litter train because we live in an apartment and its more convenient. She is about 5 months old. We use the purina second nature litter and litter box. She tends to be good at pooing in the box, but for whatever reason when she has to pee she will stop with her front paws in the box and end up peeing on the floor beside the box. The pee ends up running under the box and is a major pain to clean. It's soo frustrating. I don't know if she just doean't like the box because in the front there is a little edge she has to step over and also a little lip that comes out that she has to step on before going in the box that has bumps on it. I don't know what the point of the bumps are. Maybe they're suppose to help wipe their paws off. I don't know. I even went out and bought the bigger box thinking she just needed more room. I just don't know what to do. Please if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a similar issue with my chihuahua puppy peeing half way in the box. What I did was get a taller box where he wasn't able to put only the front paws in. He had to jump in. It worked and now he is (almost 100 percent, knock on wood) litter trained.

Oh, also make sure you are keeping the box very clean. They won't want to go in it if it's dirty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts