Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Leke and I'm new to the forums. I joined because I was looking for a little help in trying to identify a particular dog.

My girlfriend has been looking to adopt a 8 week old puppy from a rescue in Northern Quebec. She knows for sure that it is a Wheaten Terrier mix - though, we can't seem to find out what it has been mixed with. She (particularly her mother) is fearful of not knowing how exactly the dog would turn out in 5+ years, or if there are any health concerns related to the unknown breed that contributed to the mix. I'm sure you all are very familiar with these concerns!

Here is a picture of the dog. Her name is Angel and I think she's adorable:)

ANY help, even vague guesses, would be extremely helpful!
Thanks!
Leke

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Aww she's adorable. She has some very unique markings that not very many breeds have. Though from the picture it's difficult to tell what she may be, I don't really see any Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. A standing side, view next to an object like a soda can for size reference, is best to attempt to make breed guesses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, this is the only picture the rescue has provided. Hopefully I can convince them into taking a few more pictures for me. Thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i see some maybe either Sheltie or Collie in that face, 'specially the markings...and her face does look a little like she has the whiskery face a bit...how do you/does the rescue know that she is part Wheaton?....i have seen a couple Wheaton pups w/ that same grayish top coat like thru her body, but they tend to lose that as an adult....

try to get some different pics (side, comparison, etc)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The advertisement on pet finder says, "We were told that she is a Wheaten Terrier Mix but we really do not know what mix she is. She is totally gorgeous.", though I know this is not a solid way of telling exactly what type of dog she is.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I also, thought collie or sheltie mix. But whatever she is, she is very cute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts