Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm new to this Forum and I'm at my wits end. I rescued two pit bull mix puppies both female at the same time. Ruby was 8 months when we got her and Lani was just 6 weeks old. These two are inseparable and are very well trained, pretty obedient dogs all the way around. Ruby has had an in continence problem all her life and is taking Proin on a regular basis. We have tried socializing our dogs unsuccessfully, Ruby seems to be afraid of all other dogs and Lani picked up the habit. I have had them for about two years now and we have had three incidents where Ruby attacked without warning other dogs and literally bites and doesn't let go. She is always on the leash and mind you every incident that happened the other dogs were not and approached. I'm terrified of her being so vicious to other animals. She has also killed two stray kittens that wandered into our backyard. She shows no mercy on any animal.
So, this morning was my last encounter with a dog that belongs to an older homeless lady that lives near the field we go walking on. The dog approached us out from nowhere and I was unable to turn around quick enough. Ruby got a hold of her and it took more than half an hour to get her to let go of this poor dog. While the owner of the dog and myself tried to break up the fight. My little one started to attack me and the owner of the other dog. I'm at my wits end, do I have to put Ruby down? I love my dogs to pieces but I cannot let them hurt other animals or even worse people.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Look up muzzle training, and you should probably get a certified trainer or behaviorist to help you too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts