Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My two year old Chihuahua Lychan has recently developed a deep fear of hardwood floors and stairs. She only stays upstairs where there's carpet. The stairs themselves are carpeted too but she won't go down them. She used to run up and down the stairs and on the hard floors all the time. We have doggy stairs for the couches since she's too short to get on them otherwise. She stopped going on those stairs before the accident and I have no idea why. There's nothing physically wrong with her(had vet check her out) so it's psychological. She would still go up and down main stairs and hardwood floors. A few weeks ago my dad was holding her and he went to hand her to me. He was standing up and I was sitting in a chair(this was at his house) and she jumped out of his hand and hit my knee and then landed in the floor(the hardwood floor). She was shaken but physically okay. I picked her up immediately to make sure she wasn't hurt(my dad is fairly tall so it was a long fall for her since she's only three pounds and can be held with one hand). Ever since then she won't go on hardwood floors. I put her on them and she hugs the couch or the wall and tries to make it to the stairs which she then bounds up as fast as she can to carpeted safety of her room(her room where her bed is is in my computer room). Anyone know how to fix this? I can't put down carpet or have rugs everywhere. She used to have no problem with hard floors and I want her to be okay again. Please help. Even tried her favorite treats but she won't come away from couch/wall to get them. Only eats the ones she can stretch her body to reach.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts